Attention Michigan Archivists:
The editors of Open Entry are now seeking submissions for our fall issue. The deadline for this issue is Friday, September 5.
We are looking for the following:
MAA 2014 ANNUAL MEETING: We especially want your news and images from our recent conference on Mackinac Island.
CONTENT. Here are some examples of content we look for:
- Repository news items.
- Information about new or interesting collections.
- Articles about Michigan archives, archivists, or the archival profession.
- Reviews of books, articles, or even blogs.
- Reports about special projects, events, exhibits, tours, grants received, conferences or workshops you hosted or participated in, or anything else relating to archives in Michigan.
- Updates from repositories we don’t typically hear from (though news from everyone is always welcome!).
- Write-ups on your “Little Known Collections” that you’d like to publicize.
- Archives students: We would like to hear more from you, both individuals and student groups, and what you are working on. The response from students and recent graduates in the last issue indicates interest here.
- Updates on Michigan “Archivists in the News.”
- Very short entries, or items you may have repurposed from your other newsletters, institutional blogs, etc., are acceptable.
- Lists of your Civil War collections, or articles pertaining to these collections. We are continuing to publicize these collections.
PHOTOGRAPHS, especially of images that complement your news items or articles. Please send your photographs in .jpg format, 300 ppi. The size should be a minimum of 1200 x 900 pixels and a maximum of 1500×2100 pixels. If you have a “Mystery Photo,” let us try to help you broadcast it for possible identification!
Please email submissions to email@example.com. Submissions should be in the form of a Microsoft Word document of 200-1,200 words. Please use Garamond font, 11pt, but if you forget, we will change it.
Again, that deadline is September 5.
Editor, Open Entry