The Society of Indiana Archivists announces its Fall Workshop, taking place on Friday, October 17, 2014 at the Prindle Institute of DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana.
Indiana Historical Society’s Local History Services Director, Stacy Klingler, and Assistant Director, Tamara Hemmerlein, will teach you how to improve audience and visitor outreach and how to care for your collections.
In Understanding Patrons with Stacy Klingler, you will:
- Examine who your current patrons are and how you reach them.
- Consider who makes up your community and use the U.S. census to better understand your potential local patrons.
- Learn how to profile patrons to better understand what they might want from your institution and how you might reach them more effectively.
In Quick, Cheap and Easy: Collections Care on a Shoestring with Tamara Hemmerlein, you will:
- Explore inexpensive and accessible methods for storing and housing your collections.
- Learn how to use everyday materials to provide good collections care.
Deadline for registration is Friday, October 10, 2014. General information about the Fall Workshop, including how to apply for the Scholarship, is on the SIA website.