Holiday greetings to one and all! The editors of Open Entry are issuing an early call for submissions for our spring issue. The deadline for this issue is Saturday, January 31, 2015. We will publish additional reminders prior to the deadline.
We are looking for the following:
– CONTENT. Here are some examples of content and topics we look for:
* Repository news items.
* Information about new or interesting collections.
* Articles about Michigan archives, archivists, or the archival profession.
* Students: We would like to hear more from you, both individuals and student groups, and what you are working on!
* Reviews of books, articles, or even websites.
* Reports about special projects, events, exhibits, tours, grants received, conferences or workshops you hosted or participated in, or anything else relating to archives in Michigan.
* Updates from repositories we don’t typically hear from (though news from everyone is always welcome!).
* Write-ups on your “Little-Known Collections” that you’d like to publicize.
* Updates on Michigan “Archivists in the News.”
* World War I: including lists of or articles about your World War I collections, activities surrounding these collections, or other observances of the conflict. We are also continuing to gather and publicize Civil War collections.
– PHOTOGRAPHS, especially of images that complement your news items or articles. Please send your photographs in .jpg format, 300 ppi. The size should be a minimum of 1200 x 900 pixels and a maximum of 1500×2100 pixels. If you have a “Mystery Photo,” let us try to help you broadcast it for possible identification!
Please email submissions to email@example.com. Submissions should be in the form of a Microsoft Word document of 200-1,200 words.
Again, that deadline is January 31.
Michigan Archival Association