The Michigan Archival Association Program Committee is currently seeking program proposals for the 2016 conference. The 2016 conference will be held June 16-17, 2016, in East Lansing, Michigan.
Proposals can be for an entire session (typically two to three people) or for one person — we are happy to help match you with other speakers with similar topics. Sessions typically last an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes depending on scheduling.
From the results of our post-conference survey in 2015, some topics of interest to our members include:
- Administration, leadership, career development
- Archival outreach and giving institutional tours
- Arranging and describing analog (i.e., non-digital) collections
- Business archives
- Collection case studies
- Digitization projects
- Holdings protection and preservation
- Integrating archives into K-12 education/Common Core
- Social media strategy and assessment
- Working on budget: digitization, processes for productivity, etc.
These are, of course, only suggestions – if you have a particular project or an idea not on the list, we would still love to hear from you! Additionally, please consider using the MAA 2016 Session Proposal Collaboration spreadsheet to find others interested in your topic.
Thank you and please feel free to spread the word…and volunteer others! We are happy to contact people to fill in our program, so if you know someone working on an interesting project, please let us know. You do not have to be an MAA member to present.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns, and we look forward to hearing from you!
MAA 2016 Program Committee