The Mid-Michigan Digital Practitioners invite you to submit a session proposal for the next MMDP meeting, October 19-20, 2017, at the Library of Michigan, in Lansing, MI. The two-day event is sponsored by the Library of Michigan and the Michigan Archival Association. As always, registration for all participants is free. If you create, manage, or transform digital collections in Michigan, we want to hear from you!
The MMDP Planning Group invites proposals for workshops (October 19) and conference sessions (October 20). We welcome proposals from anyone, and are particularly interested in proposals from smaller institutions and students.
● Workshops or User Groups: Interactive sessions with a practical component; 1-3 hrs
● Panels: 3 or more presenters, 40 minutes
● Presentations: 1-2 presenters, 20 minutes
● Lightning talks & demonstrations: 7 minutes
● Posters: One poster session during a networking break on October 20
● Discussion Groups: Facilitate a 30 minute discussion session on a digital collections topic
● Metadata, cataloging, and description
● Outreach for digital collections
● Project management and communication tools
● Tools and processes you use to get things done (hacks and creative solutions welcome!)
● Unique digital challenges: storage, security, formats
Send us your proposals!
To submit a proposal, please complete the proposal form. We will adjust our agenda to fit the submitted proposals or suggest changes to the presenters. If you have any questions, please send us an email.
● Deadline to submit proposals: August 1, 2017
● Notification of acceptance: August 14, 2017
Details about the October event will be posted at our website, http://midmichdp.wordpress.com/
Electronic Records Archivist
Conrad Hall, Room 101
888 Wilson Road
East Lansing, MI 48824