This is a reminder that the Michigan Archival Association (MAA) Program Committee is currently seeking program proposals for the 2018 conference on June 14-15, 2018, in Bay City, Michigan.
Proposals can be for an entire session (typically two to three people) or for one person – we are happy to help match you with other speakers with similar topics. Sessions typically last an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes depending on scheduling.
From the results of our post-conference survey, some topics of interest to our members include:
- All things digital (technology, born digital materials, digitization, etc.)
- Audio Visual materials – preservation, organization, access, digitization
- Career planning/advice
- Cataloging and metadata
- Collections management
- Exhibits on a budget
- Fostering a diverse profession
- Fundraising, and Grant writing
- Non-traditional (e.g., museums, libraries, corporate), and small archives
- Preserving scrapbooks, ephemera, maps, blueprints
- Project Management
- Promoting collections
- Records Management
- Repository round-up (short updates on projects presented on at past conferences)
These are, of course, only suggestions – if you have a particular project or an idea not on the list, we would still love to hear from you! Additionally, please consider using the MAA 2018 Session Proposal Collaboration spreadsheet to find others interested in your topic.
Thank you and please feel free to spread the word…and volunteer others! We are happy to contact people to fill in our program, so if you know someone working on an interesting project, please let us know. You do not have to be an MAA member to present at the meeting.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Megan Badgley Malone
MAA 2018 Program Committee