Michigan State University Libraries is seeking a Media Preservation Librarian. Reporting to the Head of Conservation and Preservation and working with staff in the Digital and Multimedia Center, G. Robert Vincent Voice Library, Special Collections and the Wallace Conservation Laboratory, as well as other library units and partners at other institutions, the Media Preservation Librarian will:
- Plan, develop and provide leadership for a media preservation program for Library digital and analog collections, including the Vincent Voice Library, Rovi Media Collection and other special collections, by reviewing existing library practices and analyzing needs and establishing policies and best practices that promote long-term stewardship and access to audio visual and moving image materials.
- Identify and work with vendors and complete RFPs for media conversion services; manage the inventory, shipping and quality control process.
- Review and advise on media acquisitions and collaborate on conservation and survey efforts.
- Identify and collaborate with technical and accessibility partners within the library, campus and consortia communities.
- Provide support for the Libraries’ overall preservation program by assisting with environmental monitoring, the integrated pest management program, and the Libraries’ Disaster Response Committee and other preservation activities.
For more detail see posting for job no: 493910 on the Michigan State University Careers site at: https://careers.msu.edu/cw/en-us/job/498817/librarian-icontinuing
Posted on behalf of:
Nicole Garrett Smeltekop
Michigan State University Libraries