The Michigan Archival Association (MAA) Program Committee is currently seeking session proposals for the 2019 conference on Monday-Tuesday, June 17-18, 2019 at Mission Point Resort on Mackinac Island, Michigan.
Possible session topics include, but are not limited to:
- All things digital (access, preservation, new technologies, etc.)
- Archivists in non-traditional settings (e.g., private archives, consultants, corporate)
- Audio Visual materials (preservation, organization, access, digitization)
- Career planning/advice
- Cataloging and metadata
- Collections management
- Donor relations/cultivation
- Exhibits on a budget
- Fostering a diverse and inclusive profession
- Fundraising and grant writing
- Invisible labor
- Promoting collections
- Records Management
- Repository round-up (short updates on projects presented on at past conferences)
- Web archiving, preserving social media
Please consider using the MAA 2019 Session Proposal Collaboration spreadsheet to find others interested in your topic.
There will be a separate call for poster session proposals in January 2019.
Thank you and please feel free to spread the word … and volunteer others! We are happy to contact people to fill in our program, so if you know someone working on an interesting project, please let us know. You do not have to be an MAA member to present at the meeting.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to hearing from you!
Megan Badgley Malone