Open Entry (MAA Newsletter)
Open Entry, the newsletter of the Michigan Archival Association, is published and distributed in the spring and fall of each year. All members of MAA receive Open Entry as part of their membership benefits.
Open Entry reports on archival news occurring within the state of Michigan, and includes material such as collection and staff updates from historical and archival institutions, legislative actions affecting our field, Annual Meeting previews and reviews, MAA Board news, and reviews of published materials.
Submissions from educational institutions, museums, libraries, local historical societies, and of course, archives, are all welcomed. Submission deadlines are generally late January for the spring issue and early September for the fall issue, and content should be sent to Open Entry Editors.
- Current Published Issue: Spring 2022 (Volume 50, Number 1)
- Most Recent Issue Available Online: Fall 2021 (Volume 49, Number 1)
- Past Issues
Past MAA Publications
- A Guide to Michigan Archival Resources, edited by Marian J. Matyn (1998)
- The Photographic Primer, by Mark Coir (1994)
- A Program for Disaster Response in Michigan, by Richard H. Harms, Frederick L. Honhart, David J. Olson (1981)
- Records Appraisal : Papers Presented at the Spring 1975 Meeting of the Michigan Archival Association (1976)
- Directory of Historical Collections in Michigan, edited by Richard J. Hathaway (1969)