September 24, 2018
The editors of Open Entry are seeking submissions for our Fall issue. The deadline of Sunday, September 30, is fast approaching!
We are looking for the following:
– Articles related to archival work that you would like to write.
– Michigan Repository news and announcements.
– Archivists in the News: the arrivals, departures, and achievements of Michigan archivists.
– Internship articles by Michigan students or interns in Michigan.
– Photos and articles about the Bay City Annual Meeting, June 2018
Submissions can be text within your email message or attached as a Microsoft Word document. Include photos as separate JPG attachments, file size about 1MG.
Typical article length ranges from 200 to 1,200 words. If you have questions about what to write, or how to write it, we are happy to work with you.
Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, that deadline is this coming Sunday, September 30.
Thanks and best regards,
Your Open Entry Editors, Michigan Archival Association
Cynthia Read Miller
Troy Eller English
August 8, 2018
The Special Collections Research Center at the University of Michigan Library is hiring for three openings: a Processing Archivist and two Description Project Assistants. Each of these positions is a three-year term with the possibility of renewal.
To see the full postings and submit an application, please see the following links:
Description Project Assistant:
Posted on behalf of:
Caitlin R. Wells
Collection Services Librarian, Special Collections Research Center
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109
P: (734) 763-7901
June 14, 2018
Are you a current Wayne State Archives student or an alumni? Looking for a specialized tee shirt to show off your Wayne State pride? We are thrilled to announce our fundraising campaign. We will be selling the two tee shirts below in order to raise money for Wayne State student SAA conference presenters both this summer and in the future. The green tee shirt is $25 and the grey shirt is $20.
If you’re interested in purchasing a tee shirt, here’s the link to the campaign website: https://waynestubookstore.ignitecx.com//WayneStateSAA
Don’t delay! Fundraiser ends June 30, 2018!
If you have any questions, feel free to email me, Allie Penn, or the SAA email address, email@example.com.
Society of American Archivists
Wayne State University
– posted on behalf of the Wayne State University SAA Student Chapter http://iis.slis.wayne.edu/saa/index.html
April 16, 2018
Michigan State University Libraries is seeking a Media Preservation Librarian. Reporting to the Head of Conservation and Preservation and working with staff in the Digital and Multimedia Center, G. Robert Vincent Voice Library, Special Collections and the Wallace Conservation Laboratory, as well as other library units and partners at other institutions, the Media Preservation Librarian will:
- Plan, develop and provide leadership for a media preservation program for Library digital and analog collections, including the Vincent Voice Library, Rovi Media Collection and other special collections, by reviewing existing library practices and analyzing needs and establishing policies and best practices that promote long-term stewardship and access to audio visual and moving image materials.
- Identify and work with vendors and complete RFPs for media conversion services; manage the inventory, shipping and quality control process.
- Review and advise on media acquisitions and collaborate on conservation and survey efforts.
- Identify and collaborate with technical and accessibility partners within the library, campus and consortia communities.
- Provide support for the Libraries’ overall preservation program by assisting with environmental monitoring, the integrated pest management program, and the Libraries’ Disaster Response Committee and other preservation activities.
For more detail see posting for job no: 493910 on the Michigan State University Careers site at: https://careers.msu.edu/cw/en-us/job/498817/librarian-icontinuing
Posted on behalf of:
Nicole Garrett Smeltekop
Michigan State University Libraries
April 13, 2018
Want to listen in to the bi-monthly MAA meeting? Got burning questions to ask? Here’s how to call in!
Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://msu.zoom.us/j/395372615
Or join by phone:
+1 646 876 9923 or +1 669 900 6833 US Toll
Meeting ID: 395 372 615
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/dGuQVcK9D
Or join from a H.323/SIP room system:
Meeting ID: 395 372 615
April 12, 2018
The MAA Board and Online Payment Taskforce is happy to announce that you can now register your membership online. To become a MAA member or renew your membership today, click here! If you still prefer sending in your membership payment, don’t worry; that remains an option.
Watch this space for further online options, such as the ability to pay for the Annual Meeting!